What is Implant Dentistry?
“Implant dentistry” refers to dental work that utilizes dental implants to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are used to support a prosthesis that can replace one tooth, several teeth or all missing teeth in either the upper or lower jaw.Most types of implant dental procedures are eligible for an Implant Dentistry Grant. Priority is given to those most debilitated patients that are either fully edentulous or soon to be fully edentulous that would benefit from full treatments including treatments that utilize treatment protocols that include the all-on-4, Hybridge Implants, teeth in a day (these treatments include a fully implant supported hybrid prosthesis), as well as other full arch removable implant prosthetic treatments. Please be aware however that general dental work and many procedures already covered by employer health plans are not eligible. If you are unsure as to the eligibility of the procedure you are contemplating, please see below or contact us for assistance.
- Single implants (replacing individual or multiple teeth)
- Missing single teeth can be replaced with dental implant supported crowns or bridges. These conventional dental prosthesis are fabricated on the implants and with good care, offer permanent replacement of teeth. When using this technique, we wait 3 to 6 months for the implants to fully become one with the jaw bone before placing the teeth. At times temporary crowns can be placed on the implants to provide immediate aesthetics.
- Implant retained dentures
- Implant retained dentures are secured in place by aid of special attachments, providing a much enhanced level of fit and comfort. These dentures can be removed by patient, but snap well into place which is a huge advantage. In the 3 to 6 month period for the implants to fully secure to the bone, the patient can still wear their conventional denture.
- Permanent, fixed, non removable teeth
- Using the All-On-4, Hybridge or Permanent-teeth-in-a-day like techniques we are able to provide patients with permanent, non removable teeth. These protocols provide patients with the highest level of aesthetics and function, the set of teeth is delivered the same day the implants are placed. Patients usually leave with their permanent teeth on the same day as surgery.